Yellow and Red lentils (moong and masoor ki daal)
Yellow and Red lentils are not only an excellent source of protein, but also provide potassium, iron, fiber essential amino acids and vitamin B1. It is good for lowering cholesterol and controlling sugar levels.
These lentils are also good for you because they contain zero fat and a lot of fibre so it is good for stomach and also are good for losing weight. These are one of the best foods for vegetarians as they are a great source for proteins.
The Yellow and Red lentils are usually cooked separately. However, by mixing them with each other while cooking, you can achieve an enhanced flavour and nutritious value of the food.
This recipe comes from our home as people generally do not mix both of these daals, rather they cook both of them separately. Try and you will find it very delicious.
125 grams red lentils (masoor)
125 grams yellow lentils (dalli hui moong)
Ghee or oil 2 serving spoons
1 ½ liter of water
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 teaspoon red chili
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Clean and wash the Yellow and Red lentils mixing them together;
- Put the pressure cooker on the fire and add 1 ½ liters of water, red and yellow lentils, salt and red chillis and turmeric and put on high flame;
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and put the weight on the cooker;
- When the whistle blows cook for 10 minutes;
- Open the pressure cooker, daal is ready, stir with a cooking spoon;
- Put the ghee or oil in a frying pan and add garlic;
- Keep stirring o that the garlic is evenly brown;
- Now pour this onto the lentils and stir with cooking spoon so that the ghee mixes with the lentils.
- The Yellow and Red lentils curry is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice or roti.
Hope you have fun trying this recipe!