Salad is not considered a main dish in our daily food in Pakistan and generally consists of cucumber, tomatoes and onions. But salads have a lot of health benefits and should be eaten regularly. It has a lot of natural fiber, is low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals The more variety of vegetables is used in salad the better.
Here I am sharing a salad recipe which will not only improve the beauty of your dining table but will also be very delicious, healthy and crunchy.
Cabbage 1 small
Carrots 1 medium size
Beet 1 medium sized
Onions 2 medium sized
Green coriander finely chopped ½ cup
Salt ½ teaspoon
Black pepper ½ teaspoon
Lemon 3 medium sized
Ghee or oil 2 table spoons
- Julienne all the vegetables and put them in separate bowls (Julienne means to cut the vegetables in thin and long shape)
- Take a cooking pan and add two tablespoon oil or ghee
- Now on a low flame put the cabbage in the pan and stir fry it, after about 5 minutes it will be ready, take it out in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Now in the same pot stir fry radish, carrot beet and onions separately. After frying put them in separate bowls and let them cool down.
- After 10 minutes or so start mixing the salad in a large enough bowl which can contain all the vegetables.
- Mix them well and squeeze the three lemons on the salad. Now add salt and pepper and mix well again.
- The delicious, crunchy and healthy salad is ready to serve.
- It can be served with the other food items or can be eaten separately.
Best of luck for your cooking!