Khashkhash (Poppy seeds) are a rich source of many minerals and vitamins. Some of these are magnesium, manganese, iodine, zinc and Omega 3 fatty acids. It is good for respiratory disorders, heart, pain relief, and sleeplessness. They are also known as the best anti-inflammatory agent. Many people recommend it as remedy for insomnia.
Anxiety, depression and stress are some of the most common causes of chronic insomnia. Anger, worry, grief and trauma can also cause insomnia. If you cannot sleep then the symptoms get worse.
Let me share with you a simple remedy to treat insomnia. For complete treatment you will have to take it for a month like medicine. If insomnia is chronic you may not feel any effect for some days but be sure it works and keep taking it.
- Poppy seeds 1 tablespoon
- Milk 250 ml
Pour the milk in a cooking pan and put it on medium flame. When the milk boils add 1 tablespoon poppy seeds. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Strain in a cup and drink.
It is a very tasty drink so one does not have to worry about the taste.
When to take
Take it before going to bed. After taking it lie down and relax and try to sleep. I am positive that it will solve the problem of insomnia.
- It makes your memory better in the longer run. It helps lose weight and improve the mental health.
- One teaspoon of poppy seeds has 4% of the suggested daily intake of both calcium and phosphorus, which combine to form the mineral used to build bones.
- Poppy seeds can boost female fertility.
- They are natural suppliers of insoluble fiber, which improves digestion.
- Poppy seeds boost energy and make you more active; both physically and mentally.
- Oleic acid found in poppy seeds helps reduce blood pressure.
- The Zinc in poppy seeds lead to a higher production of immune cells.
If you suffer from headaches as well, look here for a simple and effective treatment.