Though this blog typically sticks to Pakistani Cuisine, today I felt like mentioning the best way to drink hot chocolate (don’t kill me, it’s just my opinion). I couldn’t just stick to hot choco, without mentioning our traditional Pakistani tea (and my not-so-traditional variation).
Firstly: Hot chocolate
I know there are a million and one ways to make this amazing drink. However, I will iterate my own version.
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp espresso powder/instant coffee
2 oz chocolate
3 tbsp whipped cream
1/2 cup half and half
1/ 2 cup milk
Sugar/honey to taste
pinch of salt
- Add the cocoa powder, espresso powder, sugar and salt to a 250 ml cup.
- Add 1/2 tbsp. water to the cup and mix until homogenous.
- Heat the half and half and the milk in a pan together.
- Add the chocolate directly to the pan.
- Whisk together to dissolve the chocolate.
- Once the milk has boiled, pour it into the cup.
- Stir everything together, then top with the whipped cream.
To be continued…