Beef Pasandey is a beef dish usually made on special occasions. It has a different taste and is a kind of roast but cooked in a pan. Generally, it is eaten as a main course of Asian food. It can be served with Nan or flatbread or can be eaten without bread or rice.
The Beef Pasandey recipe is a popular meat dish from the south Asian part of the subcontinent, and it is said that it is brought from the Mughal kitchen. It is a well-known fact that Mughal emperors were fond of delicious food and especially liked meat of all kinds.
So here is the recipe, hope you like it and cook it at least once.
Ingredients for Beef Pasandey
1kg Boneless Beef (cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes)
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp salt
Papaya powder 2 tsp
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Turmeric
2 tbsp Poppy Powder (wash and grind in a pestle)
2 tbsp Roasted Gram Powder
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 cup Yogurt
Half cup Cooking Oil
2 Onion (medium sized, chopped nicely)
5g Green Chili (chop finely)
5g Green Coriander
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- Mix red chili powder, black pepper powder, salt, lemon juice, turmeric, poppy powder, gram powder, ginger garlic paste, papaya powder and yogurt in a bowl , then marinade the beef for 2-3 hours;
- Take a cooking pan , pour oil in it and then fry chopped onions until light brown;
- Now add marinated beef and cook for 5 minutes on high flame;
- After that lower the flame and cook for 35 minutes, stir every ten minutes; now check if the meat is tender then cook it on high flame until dry;
- use green coriander, mint and chopped green chilli for garnishing
Beef pasandey are ready to serve.
Cook and enjoy
Let us know how do you like it !