This desert is usually made in winter and is considered good for health. It is a traditional food of the subcontinent. It is called Alsi ki Pinni in the local language. It is very delicious and nutritious. Here is the recipe.
Alsi (linseeds , Flaxseed) – 500 gms. (groind to powder)
Jaggery or sugar – 750 gms.
Almonds – 100 gms.
Raisins – 100 gms.
Peanuts seeds 100 gms .
Cardamom – 5 (peel and grind)
- Grind peanuts and almonds and put them in a bowl
- Clean the raisins but do not wash,
- Take a Kadahi
- Pit it on medium flame and roast the alsi (linseed Flaxseed) powder.
- When it changes colour pit the flame out.
- Mix the cardamom powder, raisins, and almond and peanut powder,
- Mix all these things well.
- Now put a pan on medium flame and put ` cup of water in it.
- Pour all the sugar in the water and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add this mixture into the ingredients ready in the Kadahi and mix it quickly. Leave it to cool for one or two minutes and then make balls of it .
- Very delicious desert is ready.
- You can eat one or two balls in the breakfast, or you can take it with evening tea.
- Best of luck with your cooking.