Eid ul Azha is coming and almost all the people are in search of new recipes to cook on Eid. I was also looking for new and easy to make recipes and found this one. It is easy to make and is very delicious and nutritious.
This recipe equally works for beef and mutton.
Ingredients for Club Steak
1 Kg Club Steak (You can use beef or mutton)
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Red chili
½ tsp. Turmeric powder
1 tbsp. Papaya powder
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tbsp. Ginger paste
1 tbsp. Garlic paste
1 tbsp. Onion paste
2 tbsp. Oil or ghee
- Clean and wash club steaks and put them on a chopping board;
- Now with a sharp kitchen knife give deep cuts on both sides of the steaks;
- Put the steaks in a bowl;
- Mix salt, chili, garlic and ginger paste, onion paste, turmeric powder and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix it well;
- Marinade the steaks with this mixture and put it aside for 2-3 hours;
- Use a covered cooking pan, pour the steaks with all the paste and water which is in it due to marinating in the pan and put it on the lowest possible fire, and cover with the lid;
- Cook for at least 2 hours or until the water is dry and steak is soft;
- Now take it out onto a plate or dish and heat the griddle or tawa, put a little bit of oil on tawa and put 2-3 steaks on it.
- When they are brown on one side turn the side and brown it on the other side;
- Repeat the process with all the steaks;
- You can serve it with green chutney (see recipe here) and salad;
Enjoy and let me know how do you like it.