These tips all involve this active ingredient.
Turmeric has a lot of good effects when used on the skin:
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components,that not only get rid of active acne but also leave the skin smooth and glowing.
- The curcumin in turmeric heals wounds and this property heals angry red pimples and also reduces acne scarring.
- It targets your pores and calms the skin.
- Turmeric positively affects tissue and collagen as well.
Beauty Tip # 1: Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin
This Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin not only clears the skin of excess oils and cleans the pores, it also moisturizes and gently heals. As you may know, oily skin is often times as much in need of moisturizing as dry skin, however, introducing more oils is not the way to go if you want to avoid looking greasy, the best way is to regularly use a water based moisturizer or a mask. This Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin moisturizes and gently soothes skin also it clears away depigmentation and evens out skin tone while also making it look fresh and glowing. If you looking for more information on Aloe Vera Gel, Try reading this Stylecraze article.
How to Mix the Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin?
Ingredients for Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin
1 tbsp. Aloe Vera Gel
1 tsp. Honey
¼ tsp. Tumeric
1 tsp. Yogurt
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
Method to make Aloe Vera Mask for Oily Skin
- In a small bowl mix together the honey and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the turmeric into the yogurt then add lemon juice to this mix.
- Combine the two mixes in a new bowl.
How to Use?
Remove any makeup and wash skin with warm water to open pores. Then gently apply a generous layer of the mask to your skin. Leave for about 20 minutes and wash off with warm water, follow this with a splash of cold water to close the pores. Pat dry gently and apply your favorite moisturizer.
Beauty Tip #2: Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub
This Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, is a strongly yet gentle exfoliating scrub, that makes your skin soft and silky smooth. It is suitable to use on both the body and the face. It removes all dead skin, cleans out pores, extracts toxins and leaves skin looking and feeling good.
The Method to Make Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub
How to Make?
This Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub is simple to make.
¼ cup Coconut Oil
¼ cup Lemon Juice
2 tbsp. Lemon Zest
¼ cup Gram Flour
½ cup Epsom Salt
Sugar ¼ cup
¼ tsp. Turmeric
- Add Lemon juice and honey together in one bowl, mix with a fork until well combined,
- Mix in the Lemon zest, turmeric and the gram flour.
- When both are well incorporated, add coconut oil and mix well.
- Finally, add Epsom Salt and sugar. If the mixture seems too dry, add equal parts honey and coconut oil to dampen. Mix thoroughly to combine.
How to Use?
Use the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub both while bathing and on your face.
Beauty Tip # 3: Rice Flour Scrub as a Gentle Exfoliator
If you have sensitive skin, skin that breaks out easily or skin that is oil with dry patches; you should not be using traditional scrubs for your face. The store-bought scrubs are often too harsh and chemically and will further damage your skin. Of course, exfoliation is important. The best thing for your skin is to use a gentle and fine exfoliator that does not irritate the skin. This is why I recommend using Rice flour Scrub
Please Note that I recommend grinding your own rice flour as the store bought versions are too superfine to act as an exfoliator.
Important: If you are allergic to turmeric leave it out, I recommend doing a patch test 48 hours earlier.
How to Make the Scrub?
½ Cup Semi-Coarse Home Ground Rice Flour
¼ Cup Gram Flour
½ Tsp. Tumeric Powder
- First soak half a cup of rice in water over night.
- In the morning drain the rice and spread out on an absorbent cloth and leave for 3 hours. Do not let rice dry completely. They should still fell cool and wet to the fingers after this; but the excess moisture must be gone, leaving only the water that has already been absorbed into the rice.
- Now put the rice into an electric grinder and grind until they become powder.
- After this sieve it through a coarse mesh sieve to get out any large fragments.
- Spread the rice on a tray and let sit in the hot sun, covered by a thin cloth.
- After 3 hours it should be relatively dry. Now, mix in the Gram flour and turmeric.
- Put the mixture in a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge.
- Should keep for a month.
How to Use?
Use a about a teaspoon-full of rice flour scrub to scrub your face gently once or twice a week.