Chutney is not a new introduction to food but it has been in use since 500 BC. In the old days chutneys were made of different ingredients and there were thousands types of chutneys used to make the food delicious. Now a day’s most chutneys are being replaced by the packaged pickle and chutneys. But we at Charda Suuraj think that the old recipes should be preserved.
Chutney is a very common side dish in Pakistani and Indian food. It is a sauce which is used to make different kinds of side dishes. The recipe I am going to share adds taste to food, considered good for digestive system and has specific fragrance of imly. It is used with Pakoras , Samosas, and with other crispy food dishes
Chutney can either be made with the help of a mortar and pestle or could be made in a blender. As the most households are now using the blender so I would suggest you make it in a blender because it is easier and saves time as well.
100 grams Tamarindus indica (imli)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of red chili
3 tbspoon of sugar
1 1/2 cup water
- Soak the imli (Tamarindus indica) in water for one hour;
- Extract the seeds with hands and put the remains in a grinder;
- Add salt and red chili powder and black pepper and grind well;
- Now put it in a cooking pan and cook on medium heat,
- When the mixture boils add sugar and lower the heat;
- Cook on the low heat for 10 minutes;
- When it cools down pour it in a glass bottle and keep in the fridge;
- It will stay good for 15 days;
- Best of luck for your cooking
Note: if you like the recipe shares it with friends and family and subscribe to our site to get more recipes in your inbox.