Chapt 1 : Accidents; contd.
A basic understanding of burn wound treatment is that it can reduce pain and facilitate healing of all four types of burns. Burns are specifically damage caused to one or multiple layers of skin and flesh by external sources such as heat or chemicals, and range in severity from minor to major. The level of severity is denoted by the “degree,” with each degree noting a higher level of damage starting at first degree and moving as far as the fourth degree. Understanding and identifying burns properly will increase your chances of successful treatment and effective healing. If a person’s clothes catch fire then do the following:
- The person should not run because the fire will increase due to the increased air;
- The person should lie down on the floor and roll on thee floor thiss way the fire will extinguish;
- If the clothes are smoking after that put a lot of water on the person so that the smoke is gone;
- Now remove the clothes and clean the person with cotton or clean cloth and water;
- Put the person on a clean place, it could be a bed or cot;
- Mix the soda bicarbonate in water and spread on the burned area, this will finish the burning feeling on the burned spots;
- The soda bicarbonate will also not let the place vesicate;
- If soda is not available then crush the potatoes and put the paste on the wounds;
If the place is vesicated then take a needle and disinfect it with spirit or hydrogen per oxide or with fire and the use it to prick the vesicated place so that the water comes out . Then take the linseed oil or coconut oil and lime water in equal amount and mix it so that it becomes a paste. Now put this paste on the burn wounds.
Tamarix aphylla (farash tree) skin is the best medicine for the burn wounds.. Burn the skin of the tree to ashes and then use this ash for the burns. Spread ghee or coconut oil on the wounds and spread some ash on it. It will heal the wound in some days.