Lentils are considered not only an excellent source of protein, but also provide potassium, iron, fiber essential amino acids and vitamin B1. It is considered good for lowering cholesterol and controlling sugar levels.
Lentils also good because they contain 0 fat and a lot of fiber so it is considered good for stomach and also are good for losing weight. These are considered best food for vegetarians as they are considered best source for proteins.
This recipe comes from our home as people generally do not use brown lentils rather they like it in the split form. Try and you will find it very delicious.
250 grams brown lentils (masoor)
Ghee or oil 2 serving spoons
1 ½ liter of water
1 teaspoon red chili
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric
3 cloves of garlic chopped
- Clean and wash the lentils;
- Put the pressure cooker on the fire and add 1 ½ liters of water, lentils, salt and red chilies and turmeric and put on high flame;
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and put the weight on the cooker;
- When the whistle blows cook for 20 minutes;
- Open the pressure cooker, lentils are ready, stir with a cooking spoon;
- Put the ghee or oil in a frying pan and add garlic;
- Keep stirring so that the garlic is evenly brown;
- Now pour this onto the lentils and stir with cooking spoon so that the ghee mixes with the lentils.
- The lentil curry is ready.
Serve with boiled rice or roti.
Try this recipe and share your experience with us. If you like our post share it with your friends, it is free.