I came up with this Skin Lightening Face Mask, after researching a lot of ingredients. I wanted a mask that would lighten and brighten the skin, without using any sort of acidic bleaching agent such as lemon juice or tomato juice. Those kind of ingredients can be harmful to the skin for sensitive skin types and can cause dryness if not balanced and offset properly. That is why I have used very universally applicable ingredients and made a mask that every skin type can use.
The Skin Lightening Face Mask is relatively simple and easy to make. It has three ingredients.
- Full Cream Milk
- Rice Flour
All these ingredients work together to create a skin lightening face mask that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Milk has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Contains Vitamin A which heals dry, flaky and peeling skin and is essential to promote healthy new cell division.
- Has Vitamin D which has a number of amazing skin benefits like boosting collagen production, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and promoting skin elasticity. Also helps in protecting skin from harmful influences, reducing acne and dark spots.
- Also contains Vitamins B6 and B12, which have moisturizing and healing properties, evening out the complexion and repairing scars and uneven skin.
- Milk has a range of other great constituents such as protein, biotin, magnesium, calcium, potassium, laci8c acid and selenium that each perform similar skin boosting functions.
Why Rice Flour?
Rice flour has many benefits for the skin:
- It is exfoliating while also being soft and gentle as possible.
- Rice Flour Scrub can treat hyper-pigmentation and blemishes on the face.
- The Rice flour scrub smooth’s fine lines and wrinkles.
- Has firming and lifting properties.
- It has oil absorbing properties; which help to keep skin clear.
- Rice Flour scrub acts as a good anti-inflammatory and skin whitening agent
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
How to Make?
This is a mask that is very easy to make.
½ tsp. Full Cream Milk (Raw milk is better but the other kind will do)
½ tsp. Honey
½ tsp. Rice Flour
Mix the three ingredients in small bowl with a wire whisk until well combined.
How to Use?
Apply the mask onto your face in a liberal layer, and afterward wait fifteen minutes before washing it off with warm water. At that point use cold water and pat your face dry with a paper towel. While the skin is still marginally wet, utilize your most loved lotion to secure in the dampness. I speak more about this technique in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.