Okra or lady finger (bhindi) is a green vegetable and is very common in summer. It is liked by most people and is cooked in different ways. It has many health benefits as well. Some nutritionists even say that it is very good for diabetic people.
There are at least 10-15 ways to cook Okra or lady finger (bhindi). Some people cook it with beef and mutton and some cook it as curry . The recipe I am sharing here is liked very much at our house and we generally cook it like this. I hope you will also like it.
½ Kg Okra (bhindi)
1/4 Kg onions sliced thinly
¼ Kg tomatoes cubed
2 large size green chills (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Ghee or oil ½ cup
Ghee or oil for frying ½ liter
- Wash the Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) and dry them by spreading on a clean cloth;
- Cut the Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) in mall round pieces;
Fry the Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) until they are brown; (use a deep fryer or karahi);
- In a separate cooking pan put the ½ cup of ghee and put it on medium flame;
- Add chopped onions and keep stirring so that the onions do not burn;
- When the onions are soft add ginger and garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and green chillis;
- Then add salt, red chili and turmeric;
- Keep stirring until the tomatoes are mashed and everything is mixed;
- Lower the heat to the minimum, add fried Okra or lady finger (Bhindi), mix it with the masala and cover it for 2 minutes;
- Exactly after 2 minutes take it off the fire.
Very delicious and tasty Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) is ready to serve. try dome our other fried recipes: Taley Baingan, and Qeema Bharay Karelay.