Are you tired of paying heaps of money just to get your feet washed? Do you want to receive all the benefits of a salon pedicure at home? Then this is the post for you. Getting right to the point I am going to teach you a Epsom Salt Pedicure soaking fluid, that, arguably is actually better than any store bought brand.
This Epsom Salt Pedicure not only does all the job of pedicure fluid but heals and nourishes your body as well. If you regularly (twice a month at least) use this Epsom Salt Pedicure then you will get many additional health benefits.
If you want an alternative foot bath option you can also use hydrogen peroxide. I explain the process in my article here.
Now, I am not going to teach you how to do a pedicure, let’s assume you already know how to do it. Otherwise, I will link some resources that will teach you.
This fluid has two Ingredients, however only one I’m going to talk about:
- Epsom Salts
- Soap of your choice
Why Epsom Salt Pedicure?
They are a miracle worker for the hair, skin AND nails:
- The salts absorb through your skin and into your body giving you all sorts of health benefits
- Epsom salts help you retain clear and smooth skin because of their anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which cleanse the skin prevent acne from recurring.
- The salt adds lift and volume to your hair over time.
- The salts are great at removing toxins and chemicals from your skin.
- Due to its excellent anti-fungal properties, it helps keep your feet clean and germ-free, reducing chances of fungus etc.
- Removes and nullifies foot smells.
- Salt softens cuticles and skin and strengthens nails.
- Reduces swelling of feet.
- The salt opens pores and cleans them out, leaving your skin feeling soft, firm and fresh
- The salts are not only good for your looks but they also help to de-stress and relax your mind and body. The salt contains magnesium which helps release serotonin: a mood-boosting chemical in the brain that creates calm and relaxing feelings.
- Furthermore the salt increases energy and stamina by generating adenosine triphosphate in your cells.
- Speed healing by detoxifying your body and increasing your white blood cell count
How to Mix the Pedicure fluid?
4 tbsp. of pure Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt)
2 litre of water
Please Note: This makes enough fluid for one use.
Mix the two together with a little bit of soap (you can eyeball the soap) to create pedicure fluid.
How to Use?
Soak your feet for at least 20 minutes. You can leave them for thirty as an ideal time. Then proceed as normal for a pedicure.