If you have sensitive skin, skin that breaks out easily or skin that is oil with dry patches; you should not be using traditional scrubs for your face. The store-bought scrubs are often too harsh and chemically and will further damage your skin. Of course, exfoliation is important. The best thing for your skin is to use a gentle and fine exfoliator that does not irritate the skin. This is why I recommend using Rice flour Scrub
This scrub contains three natural and amazing ingredients:
- Rice Flour
- Gram Flour
Why Rice Flour?
Rice flour has many benefits for the skin:
- It is exfoliating while also being soft and gentle as possible.
- Rice Flour Scrub can treat hyper-pigmentation and blemishes on the face.
- The Rice flour scrub smooth’s fine lines and wrinkles.
- Has firming and lifting properties.
- It has oil absorbing properties; which help to keep skin clear.
- Rice Flour scrub acts as a good anti-inflammatory and skin whitening agent
Why Gram Flour?
Gram flour or chickpea flour is the base of the face wash and the main ingredient, advantages of its use include:
- Has zinc which helps fight infections that cause acne.
- The fiber stabilizes blood sugar levels in the face, which can cause hormonal imbalances (one of the major causes of breakouts).
- Gram flour absorbs excess oil on skin and reduces chances of breakouts.
- It is a very mild exfoliator and helps in keeping your skin healthy from day to day.
Why Turmeric Powder?
The Turmeric is also an essential part of the face wash, as it contains the following benefits:
- The curcumin found in turmeric can help wounds heal by decreasing inflammation and oxidation, this property helps with any acne already on your face.
- The antibacterial properties reduce chances of breakout and soothe any that have already occurred.
- Turmeric has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components; as a result it decreases pimples and brings a glow to your skin.
- Turmeric can prevent the formation of wrinkles and melanin.
- The healing properties help reduce acne scarring.
Please Note that I recommend grinding your own rice flour as the store bought versions are too superfine to act as an exfoliator.
Important: If you are allergic to turmeric leave it out, I recommend doing a patch test 48 hours earlier.
How to Make the Scrub?
½ Cup Semi-Coarse Home Ground Rice Flour
¼ Cup Gram Flour
½ Tsp. Tumeric Powder
- First soak half a cup of rice in water over night.
- In the morning drain the rice and spread out on an absorbent cloth and leave for 3 hours. Do not let rice dry completely. They should still fell cool and wet to the fingers after this; but the excess moisture must be gone, leaving only the water that has already been absorbed into the rice.
- Now put the rice into an electric grinder and grind until they become powder.
- After this sieve it through a coarse mesh sieve to get out any large fragments.
- Spread the rice on a tray and let sit in the hot sun, covered by a thin cloth.
- After 3 hours it should be relatively dry. Now, mix in the Gram flour and turmeric.
- Put the mixture in a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge.
- Should keep for a month.
How to Use?
Use a about a teaspoon-full of rice flour scrub to scrub your face gently once or twice a week.
If you want to try more natural skin treatments, look here.