Do you ever get dry soles and cracked heels? For me it is one of my most frustrating beauty problems. Lotions, creams, ointments, I have tried them all. This is the best way I have found that works to treat cracked heels.
It is not a lotion or a mask; it is a foot bath, and it works wonders. You have to soak your feet in it for approximately 15 minutes every day and it keeps your feet smooth, clean, and baby soft. Cracked heels disappear within a week.
This treatment has two Ingredients:
- Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2
Why Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)?
H2O2 has a lot of good effects when used as a foot bath:[i]
- Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agent with oxygen and water. It works by discharging oxygen on the distressed region.
- It is often used to treat burnt or bruised skin and helps in healing the cracked heels.
- The release of oxygen causes foaming that helps to remove the dead skin cells and clean the area.
- Hydrogen peroxide removes skin discoloration, age spots, blemishes and scars.
- It makes the skin smooth and soft by oxygenating it externally.
Hydrogen Peroxide also has a wide variety of other uses and health benefits. You can find them here.
How to Make the Foot Bath?
- ½ Cup 35% food grade solution of H2O2
- 5 ½ Cups Water
The ratio used here is 1:11 for Hydrogen Peroxide to water. This creates a 3% solution of Hydrogen peroxide which is safe for topical use.
You can also just buy and use a 3% solution from the medical store as is without diluting it further.
*It is very important to use the correct percentage as a higher than 10% concentration of hydrogen Peroxide can damage skin. 3% solution can be found easily at a medical store. Or alternately use this guide to dilute higher concentrations.
Just mix the correct amounts of both fluids to get the foot bath.
How to Use?
Soak you your feet once every day for 15-20 minutes, making a new solution after 2 uses.
If you are interested in having better skin, look here.