Fish is not very common food in Pakistan except for the coastal areas. But it is eaten all over Pakistan as an exotic food item or a side dish to dinner. Fish is very nutritious and is best source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are considered good for human health, all over the world. The Fried Fish recipe I am sharing is very simple and easy to make but at the same time is very delicious and nutritious.
Ingredients for Fried Fish
½ kg fish (cut into medium sized pieces)
1 tbsp. gram powder (to use for washing the fish thoroughly)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1tbsp. ground coriander
¼ tsp. garam masala powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. red chili
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
1 tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
¼ kg oil for frying
- Rub the gram powder on the fish pieces and leave for five minutes. Now wash it thoroughly with plain water. Washing like this removes the extra smell of fish;
- Now mix ginger garlic paste, salt, chili, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and lemon juice in a bowl and marinade the fish in this paste. Make sure that fish is covered all over in this paste.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for two hours;
- After two hours the fish is ready for frying. Use a frying pan for frying the fish;
- Be very careful while flipping over as the pieces can break;
- Fry on both sides until brown, you can have it light brown or dark brown according to your taste;
- Very tasty and crispy Fried Fish is ready to eat. Serve with green chutney.
- Have a great time cooking and enjoy eating the Fried Fish . Remember me while eating, my mouth is watering already!