This mask is aimed to fight dryness of skin and keep skin smooth and soft throughout the winters. It needs to be applied once a week to achieve best results. It keeps skin hydrated and healthy.
The Winter Deep Moisturizing Mask is easy to make. It has four ingredients.
These ingredients work together to create a super good Winter Deep Moisturizing Mask that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil has a lot of skin benefits:
- Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis.
- It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply and thoroughly.
- Coconut oil is a powerful grease cutter and easily removes and cleanses your skin of make or its residue.
- Coconut oil is a gentle, yet thorough deep cleanser. It softens the keratin caps and makes exfoliation much easier.
- Coconut oil reduces wrinkles by repairing skin collagen. The triglycerides in the oil attract protein molecules, ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer
Why Rose Water?
Rose Water and Aloe Vera Face Mask
Rose Water is widely known as being wonderful for the skin:
- Rosewater holds effects which maintain the skin’s pH balance and reduce the production of excess oil.
- It is an Anti-inflammatory agent which also reduces redness, acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rosewater is brilliant at cleansing and unclogging pores. It also removes dirt and oil deposited in them.
- This ingredient moisturizes hydrates and revitalizes the skin.
- It has antibacterial properties that help reduce acne scars and close small wounds.
- Rosewater is an antioxidant that strengthens the skin cells and regenerates tissues.
- Rosewater is used by aroma-therapists to reduce anxiety and can help relieve stress.
- It also helps keep you looking younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
Yogurt has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Yogurt contains lactic acid, which is an alpha hydroxyl acid and dissolves dead skin cells. This leaves skin smooth, clean and clear and lightens freckles.
- Yogurt helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Moisturizes the skin
- Fights acne and relieves sunburn
- Helps to rejuvenate and soften the skin
How to Make?
This Winter Deep Moisturizing Mask is simple to make.
1 tbsp. Aloe Vera Gel
1 tbsp rose water
½ tsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. Yogurt
- Add yogurt and Aloe Vera together in one bowl, mix with a stick blender or regular blender until well combined,
- Add the coconut oil and blend again, finally add the rosewater and mix everything together.
How to Use?
Apply a generous layer of Winter Deep Moisturizing Mask and wait for 20 mins. Then clean with warm water, following with cold water to close the pores. Use your favourite moisturizer on your skin while it is still damp, I explain more about this technique in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.