For those of us with oily skin, the struggle to find a good moisturizer is real. I have combo to oily skin and any heavy oily moisturizers tend to break me out. However I still need moisturization for my skin to be healthy. That is why I prefer a light and water-based moisturizer that does not break me out.
This Water-based Moisturizer can be used by those with dry skin too, but it will not offer enough moisturization, which is why it is primarily for those with normal to oily skin. It is a natural and healthy alternative to those chemical loaded ones we find at the store. Each ingredient helps to moisturize and gently heal the skin, making the skin lovelier over a long period of use.
This Water-based Moisturizer is simple and easy to make. It has three ingredients.
- Aloe Vera gel
- Rose Water
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
Why Rose Water?
Rose Water is the binding ingredient in this Water-based Moisturizer and is widely known as being wonderful for the skin:
- Rosewater has properties which help maintain the skin’s pH balance and the production of excess oil.
- It is Anti-inflammatory and reduces redness, acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rosewater acts as a wonderful cleanser which unclogs pores and removes dirt and oitl collected in them.
- This ingredient moisturizes, hydrates and revitalizes the skin.
- It has antibacterial properties that help reduce acne scars and close small wounds.
- Rosewater is an antioxidant that strengthens the skin cells and regenerates tissues.
- Rosewater is used by aroma-therapists to reduce anxiety and can help relieve stress.
- It also helps keep you looking younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
It is the heavier moisturizing ingredient:
- Humectants in glycerin help to retain water in the skin.
- The Hydroscopic properties of glycerin draw moisture from the air into your skin, keeping it smooth and nourished.
- Glycerin plays an essential role in cell maturation.
- It also helps to control excess sebum production and reduces acne, pimples and blackheads.
- It has many cleansing properties which clear away dead cells and other pollutants.
- Shrinks pores and makes your skin tighter and smoother.
- The vitamins and minerals in the Glycerin form a shield over your skin and protect the skin from hyperpigmentation.
- Helps to maintain pH of the skin.
- Phenylethanol is a compound in glycerin that exhibits healing properties and stimulates cell regeneration.
How to Make?
This Water-based Moisturizer is very easy to make.
¼ cup Aloe Vera Gel
¼ cup Rose Water
1/8 cup Glycerin
Mix the three ingredients in small bowl with a wire whisk until well combined. Then keep in a sterilized, airtight glass/plastic container.
How to Use?
Just use as regular moisturizer. It will last up to a month outside of the refrigerator.