The Rose Water and Aloe Vera Face Mask has three main benefits: It fights off skin infection. The mask improves and evens out your skin tone. It also removes marks and discoloration from the skin.
Skin infections include any acne, pimples blackheads whiteheads and various other unsightly imperfections. These are soothed and eliminated with long term use of this mask, plus this mask is very suitable for oily skin, as it contains all water based ingredients that hydrate without adding grease. Normal and dry skin can also benefit from this mask; however it is optimal for normal to oily skin.
The skin tone is evened out and made clearer and brighter as well more even. The areas of the face darker than others are lightened to match the rest of the skin, allowing skin to become uniform and healthy looking. The skin also gets brightens and dull spots become much reduced.
Any marks such as acne scarring, under eye dark circles or dark spots are cleared. This leaves the skin looking more even and healthy. This mask is not one that shows results immediately, however, you should be able to see a noticeable improvement after a month of twice weekly applications.
The Rose Water and Aloe Vera Face Mask is relatively simple and easy to make. It has three ingredients.
- Rose Water
- Aloe Vera Gel
Why Rose Water?
Rose Water acts as a base for this spray and is widely known as being wonderful for the skin:
- Rosewater holds effects which maintain the skin’s pH balance and reduce the production of excess oil.
- It is an Anti-inflammatory agent which also reduces redness, acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rosewater is brilliant at cleansing and unclogging pores. It also removes dirt and oil deposited in them.
- This ingredient moisturizes hydrates and revitalizes the skin.
- It has antibacterial properties that help reduce acne scars and close small wounds.
- Rosewater is an antioxidant that strengthens the skin cells and regenerates tissues.
- Rosewater is used by aroma-therapists to reduce anxiety and can help relieve stress.
- It also helps keep you looking younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
The Cucumber adds a few key benefits to the mask:
- It is a hydrating agent.
- Has a lot of nourishing nutrients such as magnesium, biotin, vitamins A, B1 and C, and potassium.
- It detoxifies the skin.
- Cools inflammation on the skin, reduces redness and puffiness, as well as dark circles.
- Makes the skin clearer and the tone more even.
- It also has brightening properties.
How to Make?
This Rose Water and Aloe Vera Face Mask is very easy to make.
½ tsp. Rose Water
½ tsp. Mashed Cucumber
1 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel
Mix the three ingredients in small bowl with a wire whisk until well combined.
How to Use?
Apply the Rose Water and Aloe Vera Face Mask onto your face in a generous layer, and then wait fifteen minutes before washing it off with warm water. Then splash cold water afterward and pat your face dry with a paper towel.
While the skin is still slightly damp, use your favorite moisturizer to lock in the moisture. I talk more about this method in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.