Proper moisturization is very important for great skin and one of the basic tenets of good skin-care. Moisturized skin is smoother, firmer and younger than dry skin. No matter if your skin type is dry or oily, you need moisturization as oily is only skin that is deeply de-hydrated. One great way to maintain moisturized, hydrated, plump and young looking skin is to use a moisturizing face mask regularly. that is why I recommend using this Milk and Honey Face Mask.
Using a good hydrating face mask helps to keep the skin well-moisturized and gives it a good boost. It is great way to pamper oneself and I recommend applying the Milk and Honey Face Mask once a week.
The Milk and Honey Face Mask is relatively simple and easy to make. It has three ingredients.
- Full Cream Milk
- Aloe Vera Gel
All these ingredients work together to create a super moisturizing Milk and Honey Face Mask that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Milk has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Contains Vitamin A which heals dry, flaky and peeling skin and is essential to promote healthy new cell division.
- Has Vitamin D which has a number of amazing skin benefits like boosting collagen production, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and promoting skin elasticity. Also helps in protecting skin from harmful influences, reducing acne and dark spots.
- Also contains Vitamins B6 and B12, which have moisturizing and healing properties, evening out the complexion and repairing scars and uneven skin.
- Milk has a range of other great constituents such as protein, biotin, magnesium, calcium, potassium, laci8c acid and selenium that each perform similar skin boosting functions.
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- It acts as a moisturising element of this mask.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
How to Make?
This Milk and Honey Face Mask is very easy to make.
½ tsp. Full Cream Milk (Raw milk is better but the other kind will do)
½ tsp. Honey
½ tsp. Aloe Vera Gel
Mix the three ingredients in small bowl with a wire whisk until well combined.
How to Use?
Apply the mask onto your face in a generous layer, and then wait fifteen minutes before washing it off with warm water. Then splash cold water afterward and pat your face dry with a paper towel. While the skin is still slightly damp, use your favorite moisturizer to lock in the moisture. I talk more about this method in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.