Nuggets are a universal fave of children everywhere.Hence it’s good, especially for parents to have a healthy recipe on hand.
- 500 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. Garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp. Ginger paste
- ½ cup Green chutney paste
- 1 tsp. Coriander powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cornflour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Recipe for Desi Nuggets
- Grind the almonds and cashews into a coarse crumb.
- Cut the chicken into inch cubes and refrigerate.
- Now take the green chutney paste, (ground green chillies, fresh coriander and mint in equal amounts) ginger and garlic paste and cook it in a frying pan (medium to low heat) until most of the water evaporates and you are left with a thick dehydrated paste.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the chicken, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp garam masala, dehydrated garlic, ginger and green chutney paste.
- Blitz until a thick paste-like mix forms, add the egg and combine, then transfer to a bowl.
- Now combine the cornflour with ½ cup of water to form a slurry, add ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp red chilli powder to it.
- Lay out your breadcrumbs/nut mix in a flat vessel.
- Prepare a tray by greasing and lining it with a sheet of parchment.
- Now taking two tablespoons, cornel one spoonful at a time into the wet mix and then pick with a fork and into the dry, then once coated with crumbs, shape with fingers and mold into a nugget shape, then place on the tray. It ought to yield at least 24 nuggets depending on how large you make them.
- Freeze for at least 8-9 hours then transfer into a plastic bag.
- Shallow fry in the oil at low until golden brown.
- Serve piping hot.