Garlic Pickle (Achar) are delicious and add taste to food. In the subcontinent many kinds of pickle are used to add taste to food. Garlic is considered an essential ingredient in cooking. It is considered good for health as well. Here we are sharing a recipe which will not only help preserve the garlic but it is also provides a ready to eat garlic at lunch.
It is very simple and easy to make. If you choose the small garlic cloves it will be tastier.
Garlic Pickle (Achar) Ingredients
- Garlic 250 grams (peeled. Select the small ones it will make more tasty pickle)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek seed powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- Take a bowl which is big enough to keep all the material. Make sure it is not a metal bowl. Now put all the ingredients except for the mustard oil in the bowl and mix it well.
- Cover the bowl with a plate or some kind of hard cover and put it aside.
- Keep mixing it daily, and it will be ready within a week.
- Now add the mustard oil and put it in a glass jar. It is now ready to serve. Garlic Pickle (Achar) can be kept without refrigeration for about six months.
- It can be served with all kinds of food.
- Best of luck with our cooking!