This recipe is my favorite although none of my family members like it. This could be eaten with boiled rice , nan, or flat bread. It is very delicious and can be cooked very easily.This is generally cooked in winter as turnips are a common winter vegetable. Turnips are cheap and found all over Pakistan.
- 1 kg white turnip (cut in cubes)
- ½ kg mutton
- 2 chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Put meat, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, red chilies , turmeric and tomatoes in the pressure cooker. Put half a liter of water and put it on fire. Close the lid and put the pressure on to the lid.
- When whistle starts blowing cook for 15 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker and stir with a cooking spoon. Put oil or ghee in the cooker and keep stirring until the meat changes its color and become light brown (gosht bhoon lein).
- Now add coriander powder and garam masala;
- Now put the turnips in the meat, and stir for 3 minutes.
- Put ½ liters of water and lower the flame.
- When the turnips are soft turn off the flame;
- It is ready now. Serve with roti or boiled rice.
It will be enough for 6-8 people. Cook and enjoy!