Chapli kebab are a special occasion food. They are both incredibly tasty, and incredibly spicy. Peshawar in Khyber Pakhtun Khua is known for it’s wonderful Chapli kebab.
1 kg Beef mince (a tender and fatty cut is preferred 80/20 meat to fat ratio)
2 Green Chilies chopped finely
½ tsp. powdered cumin
3 Tomatoes chopped
½ tsp. Red chili powder
2 tsp. red chili flakes
1 tsp. Coriander powder
½ Onion chopped finely
3 tbsp. Green coriander (chopped)
1 tsp. green papaya powder
2 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. garlic
½ tsp. freshly ground Black pepper
½ a beaten Egg
½ cup Oil (for frying)
1 tsp. Salt (increase or decrease according to preference)
Directions for Chapli Kebab:
- In a large stainless steel bowl, take beef mince plus all the ingredients except for oil and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Let rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a flat iron griddle until sizzling and add a tablespoon of oil to it once hot.
- Take about 1/3 cup of the mixture and pat into the shape of a burger patty, it should be less than ¼ inch thick.
- Place the patty shaped kebab onto the hot griddle using a spatula; ensure that the meat touches a well-oiled surface.
- Cook four at a time, on one side for five minutes at medium heat, then flip and cook the opposite side for 5 minutes or until well done.
- Repeat until all the meat has been used. You can also form kebabs and freeze them on trays until needed.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
- Your tasty Chapli Kebabs are ready.
Check out our other BBQ and kebab recipes down below.