Hunter Beef is a very delicious dish which you can make on Eid ul Azha. It needs 12 hours preparation time but it can easily be stored in refrigerator for a week. It can be used to make sandwiches or can be eaten as a single dish with fresh salad and green chutney. Let us see how to make it,
Boneless beef 1 kg (you can make as much as you want like 2 or 3 kgs, just increase the ingreddients accordingly)
Salt 1 tsp.
Green chili 4-5
Turmeric powder ½ tsp.
Papaya powder 1 tbsp.
Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
Ginger paste 1 tbsp.
Garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Green coriander ground 2 tbsp.
Mint leaves fresh ground 1 tbsp.
- Clean and wash the beef and put out on a chopping board;
- Now with a sharp kitchen knife give deep cuts on both sides of the beef;
- Put the beef in a bowl;
- Mix salt, ground green chili, garlic and ginger paste, green coriander and mint paste, turmeric powder, papaya powderand lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix it well;
- Marinade the beef with this mixture and put it aside for 12 hours (It will be better to keep it refrigerated);
- To cook use a covered cooking pan, pour the beef with all the paste and water which is in it due to marinating in the pan and put it on the lowest possible fire, and cover with the lid;
- Cook for at least 2 hours or until the water is dry and beef is soft;
- Put it in the oven for 10 minutes and turn the side and cook for five more minutes
- When the Hunter Beef is brown on both sides it is ready to serve;
- Before serving cut Hunter Beef into slices like bread. You can serve it with green chutney (see recipe here) and salad;
Enjoy and let me know how you liked Hunter Beef.