This Refreshing Face Toner has some powerfully refreshing and toning ingredients, which not only tone your face, but clear up your skin and even the skin tone. It reduces pores, makes skin silky and soft and a gives a number of other benefits. For other toner recipes look here.
The Refreshing Face Toner has the following ingredients:
- Green tea
- Aloe Vera
Why Green Tea?
This is one of the most powerful ingredients for skin care.
- It promotes DNA repair. Green tea has a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. Which results in the fact that it acts as a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
- Green tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, because of its high content of polyphenols called catechins. These catechins in green tea get rid of irritation, redness, and swelling.
- The same polyphenols make Green tea a great antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores.
- Has large amounts of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, which promote collagen and keep skin looking young and firm. It also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles.
The lemon brightens, lightens, and clarifies the skin and aslo:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time
- They help eliminate the over-production of oils.
- They are antibacterial and help to clear away acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Lemons have naturally exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and toxins.
- Lemons help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
How to Make?
This Refreshing Face Toner is simple to make:
Ingredients for the Refreshing Face Toner
1/8 Cup Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Aloe Vera Gel
1/2 Cup Brewed Green Tea
- Add the three ingredients together in the blender.
- Mix at high speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a sterilized container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How to Use?
Use this Refreshing Face Toner as many times at least three times a day. You can apply it using a cotton round. Apply it to your face before applying makeup and after removing makeup.