Okra or lady finger (bhindi) is a green vegetable and is very common in summer. It is liked by most people and is cooked in different ways. It has many health benefits as well. Some nutritionists even say that it is very good for diabetic people.
There are at least 10-15 ways to cook Okra or lady finger. Some people cook it with beef and mutton and some cook it as curry. The recipe I am sharing here is not very common in Pakistan but is good for those who do not like oily food. I hope you will like it and share it widely for the benefit of those who do not like oily food.
½ Kg Okra or lady finger (bhindi)
1/4 Kg onions sliced thinly
¼ Kg tomatoes cubed
2 large size green chills (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Ghee or oil ½ cup
- Wash the Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) and dry them by spreading on a clean cloth;
- Cut the Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) in small round pieces;
- Prepare a large baking tin by brushing the oil on all sides ;
- Spread cut okra or lady finger, then a layer of tomatoes and chopped onions;
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sprinkle the salt, red chili, green chili, and turmeric powder;
- Now put the pan in a hot oven for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and stir so that the ingredients get mixed;
- Now put it again in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Very delicious and tasty Okra or lady finger (Bhindi) is ready to serve.