Chicken is very delicious and originates from the Mughai cuisine, rulers of the subcontinent. Chicken is cooked in many forms and is liked by all. Chicken is nutritious and considered a luxury in common households of Pakistan. There are different kinds of chicken roasst and can be cooked with every kind of meat.
Here we are sharing a common roast chicken recipe which can easily be made at home and is very easy to cook.
- 1 whole chicken, skinless, bone-in
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt (can sub buttermilk)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Mix all the spices in yogurt
- Cut deep slashes in chicken and cover it with the spiced yogurt and leave it to marinade for 6-8 hours. You can put it in the refrigerator;
- If you have access to a tandoor then put it in hot tandoor but on low heat for an hour but usually it is not available so use an oven and cook for 45 minutes on medium heat;
- Now heat it from both sides on the griddle to give it colour; 5 minutes on each side will be enough;
- Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. It’s also great at room temperature or even cold the next day.
Serve with roti (see recipe here) or naan,