Aaloo key Kabab is a very popular dish in Pakistani households. They are easy to make and can easily be preserved. It can be served with tomato ketchup or chili garlic sauce. It can also be eaten with bread, rice and in burgers. They taste very good and are equally liked by elders and children. Many recipes are used to make Aaloo key kababs but this one comes from my kitchen.
Potatoes ½ kg
1 large onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon gram masala powder
1 cup green coriander finely chopped
1 egg for frying
2 tablespoon cooking oil or ghee
- Boil the potatoes until soft
- Now peel the potatoes and mash them in a bowl;
- Now add finely chopped onions, green coriander, garam masala, red chili powder, salt and coriander powder;
- Make small rounds 1 ½ inches will be fine, the thickness should be less than half inch
- Now take a non-stick frying pan and pour one tablespoon oil in it
- Break the egg in a bowl and stir it well
- Dip the kababs in the egg and fry them in the frying pan
- The kababs are ready to eat when they are brown on both sides
- Serve with ketchup or chili garlic sauce
Note: This recipe will make at least 20 kababs. You can freeze them for using latter on. For freezing use a plastic tray and if you want to make many layers use kitchen plastic before making a second layer.
Best of luck with your cooking!