Chapt 1 : Accidents; contd.
The Scorpion’s sting is not as dangerous as the snake bite but it can be dangerous for the older and physically weak people. It can also be dangerous for the small children. Most Scorpion sting s cause only localized signs and symptoms, such as pain and warmth at the site of the sting. Sometimes these symptoms may be quite intense, even if you don’t see redness or swelling.
Signs and symptoms at the site of the Scorpion’s sting may include:
- Pain, which can be intense
- Numbness and tingling in the area around the sting
- Slight swelling in the area around the sting
When a Scorpion stings the place gets swollen and swear irritation starts at the place where it has bitten.
If it happens immediately do the following:
- Tie a cloth, bandage or some ribbon 2-3 inches above the bitten place tightly;
- If you could see the remains of Scorpion sting then remove it with a sharp needle or knife;
- Now put some vinegar or turpentine oil or kerosene on the place where it has bitten.
- If nothing of these is available then grind some garlic and put that paste on the place;
- You can also mix lime in honey and use this paste to cover the place;
- Now open the tightly tied bandage or rope or whatever you have used;
- If the Scorpion has died or someone has killed it then make a paste of it by grinding and put that paste on the wounded place. It will immediately stop the venom spreading in the body;
If all this does not work then immediately go to a doctor.
Useful tip: In the summer season when the flowers are coming up on the mango tree if someone sees it the first time and immediately plucks them and rub them in their hands then the person can heal the Scorpion sting just by touching the place where the Scorpion has bitten.