Potatoes are a favorite food to many children and elders all over the world. This Aaloo ki bhujia recipe is very easy to make and most of the times is made at the breakfast time. This recipe comes from my own kitchen. My kids love it and my son even learned to cook and every time I am not at home he makes aaloo ki bhujia quickly and eats happily with roti (see recipe here) or paratha (see recipe here). Try the recipe and let me know how you liked it. Aaloo ki bhujia Recipe is also simple and easy.
Ingredients for Aaloo ki bhujia Recipe
¼ Kg potatoes
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 tbsp. ginger (ground)
1 tbsp. garlic (ground)
1/2 tsp. Red chillies
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Turmeric
4 tbsp. ghee or cooking oil
Instructions for Aaloo ki bhujia Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and rinse thoroughly.
- Cut the potatoes into approximately 1cm by 1cm rectangles, keeping them as thin as possible.
- Put oil in a cooking pot to heat.
- Add onions and sauté until light brown;
- Add garlic and ginger paste and stir for 30 seconds;
- Now add salt, chili and turmeric;
- Stir for 30 seconds and add sliced potatoes;
- Stir for two minutes and add a cup of water;
- Lower the heat to a minimum;
- Check after 10 minutes or so and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- If there is some water dry it off at high heat and keep stirring so that it does not burn.
Aaloo ki bhujia recipe is ready, serve with fresh roti or paratha.