The Mint Winter Recovery Mask is a mask suitable for all normal/combination skin, it is designed to refresh the skin, soothe any irritation, reduce hyperpigmentation and basically leave the skin refreshed and sparkling. The Mint Winter Recovery Mask should also tighten your skin, reduce the size of pores and help make it look and feel more youthful.
This Mint Winter Recovery Mask has the following Ingredients:
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea
Mint is a powerfully refreshing antioxidant which has many skin benfits:
- Mint has an extremely refreshing and soothing effect on your skin.
- Its strong antibacterial properties fight skin irritations and inflammation, fighting acne.
- It contains salicylic acid which prevents acne.
- It tightens and cleans out your pores.
- Softens and calms dry and itchy skin
- It has vitamin A, which controls the secretion of oil in people who have oily and acne-prone skin.
- Mint is a mild astringent that can be used to tone your skin.
- Helps to get rid of blackheads and prevents them from reoccurring.
- Boosts blood circulation in the skin.
- Lightens and reduces acne scars due to its slightly acidic nature.
- Delays the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces dark circles due to its anti-oxidant content.
Why Aloe Vera Gel?
The Gel is very beneficial for the skin:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturizes, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties
Why Green Tea?
This is one of the most powerful ingredients for skin care.
- It promotes DNA repair. Green tea has a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. Which results in the fact that it acts as a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
- Green tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, because of its high content of polyphenols called catechins. These catechins in green tea get rid of irritation, redness, and swelling.
- The same polyphenols make Green tea a great antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores.
- Has large amounts of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, which promote collagen and keep skin looking young and firm. It also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles
How to make the Mint Winter Recovery Mask ?
6 Tbsp. Green Tea Leaves
2 Tbsp. Mint Leaves
4 Tbsp. Aloe Vera Gel
4 Tbsp Honey Apple Cider Vinegar
Method to make Mint Winter Recovery Mask
- Using a high Powered spice grinder, reduce the green tea leaves to a fine powder.
- Sieve out any large pieces with a fine mesh sieve,
and pulse again until all the tea leaves have become powdered.
- Alternatively, if you cannot access a spice grinder, simply steep the tea leaves overnight in 1/8 cup hot rose water, then add together this mixture with the other ingredients in the next step.
- Put the green tea, aloe vera gel, honey and mint
leaves into a blender or food processor, pulse until all the mint leaves have
been shredded and a thick paste forms.
- If you have difficulty bending the mixture due to low moisture content, feel free to add a tbsp. or two of rose water to facilitate the blending.
How to Use?
Apply a generous layer of the Mint Winter Recovery Mask to your face, taking care to avoid the eyes. Let the Mint Winter Recovery Mask sit on skin for at least 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water, splash a little bit of cold water after to close your pores completely. Apply your favorite moisturizer while the skin is still slightly damp. This mask may be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Use twice a week for maximum effectiveness.