This Detox Face Mask for Normal to Dry Skin has powerful cleansing properties, which suckling out the toxins from within our skin and pores. It cleans and nourishes, clearing and preventing blemishes, dry skin and discolouration.
The Detox Face Mask for Normal to Dry Skin is a easy to make. It has three ingredients.
These ingredients work together to create a super good Detox Face Mask for Normal to Dry Skin that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Why Bentonite Clay?
Bentonite Clay has a lot of benefits for the skin:
- It unclogs the skin pores and shrinks them
- It aids in controlling the overproduction of sebum, which is a main cause of acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Extracts and removes toxins such as heavy metals from the skin due its strong negative electrical charge
- Contains Silica, a trace mineral which makes the skin soft
- It removes dead skin, impurities and excessive oil, giving a definite glow to your face
- Reduces inflammation, redness and acne scarring
- It suits every skin type and has no side effects
- It has healing properties which reduce fine lines and wrinkles while fighting bacteria and infection.
- The clay contributes towards an even skin tone
- Bentonite Clay has been used for centuries as a healing aid. It can be used as a supplement which is ingested as well, since it has a lot of trace elements. It is known as Multani Mitti in Pakistan.
Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil has a lot of skin benefits:
- Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis.
- It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply and thoroughly.
- Coconut oil is a powerful grease cutter and easily removes and cleanses your skin of make up or its residue.
- Coconut oil is a gentle, yet thorough deep cleanser. It softens the keratin caps and makes exfoliation much easier.
- Coconut oil reduces wrinkles by repairing skin collagen. The triglycerides in the oil attract protein molecules, ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
Milk has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Contains Vitamin A which heals dry, flaky and peeling skin and is essential to promote healthy new cell division.
- Has Vitamin D which has a number of amazing skin benefits like boosting collagen production, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and promoting skin elasticity.
- Also helps in protecting skin from harmful influences, reducing acne and dark spots.
- Also contains Vitamins B6 and B12, which have moisturizing and healing properties, evening out the complexion and repairing scars and uneven skin.
- Milk has a range of other great constituents such as protein, biotin, magnesium, calcium, potassium, lactic acid and selenium that each perform similar skin boosting functions.
The lemon brightens, lightens, and clarifies the skin in the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, and aslo:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time
- They help eliminate the over-production of oils.
- They are antibacterial and help to clear away acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Lemons have naturally exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and toxins.
- Lemons help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
How to Make?
The Detox Face Mask for Normal to Dry Skin is simple to make.
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Bentonite Clay (pre-soaked)
½ tsp. Coconut Oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Add the Honey to the coconut oil and whisk until mixed.
- If you have pre-soaked bentonite Clay available (method here) add heaped a teaspoon of the clay mix, and follow with the lemon juice.
- Whisk to combine.
- If using dry powdered clay, soak in the tsp of lemon juice + 1/2 tsp. water for ten minutes. Then mix the clay into a thick and smooth paste, adding more water as necessary. Proceed as from Step 2.
How to Use?
Apply a generous layer on your face, keeping it on for at least 20 minutes. Then place a warm wet washcloth on your face, letting the mask dampen and your skin warm up, then using warm water gently wash off the mask. Then finish cleaning your face using cold water to help close your pores. Apply your favourite moisturizer while your skin is still damp, I talk more about this technique in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.