Chapt 1 : Accidents; contd.
In the villages swimming is a sport and people swim in canals and ponds. Small children also enjoy swimming. Sometimes people loose control due to some reason and they drown in the water. If something like this happen then immediately help the drowning person by extracting the person from water. Do the following to save the life of the person:
- Try to save the person if you know swimming otherwise you may also put your life in danger;
- When the person is out of water put him on a plain surface ;
- If the person is wearing a shirt then open the buttons to loosen the grip from throat, remove the scarf etc so he could breath properly;
- Put him on the surface facedown and place something like cushion or pillow under his shoulders;
- Now put a little pressure on the stomach with both hands and see whether the water is coming out of mouth or nose, then rub the back of the person with both palms;
- Now change the side of the person so that his nose and mouth are free to breath;
- If the person is un conscious then try to revive him by providing artificial breathing; (the method will be given in the next post)
- When the person is breathing properly without your help then leave the person lying on the back and rub the palms of feet and hands;
- If it is the cold weather then keep him in a warm place, remove wet clothes and give him some hot liquid;
- Let the person rest for one or two days so that he could come out of the trauma.