Chapt 1 : Accidents; contd.
Electric shock is very dangerous and the affected can die if not rescued in time. One has to be very careful and should take the following actions to avoid such a situation:
- All the plugs, wires and sockets in the house should be properly fixed;
- If a socket or plug is broken immediately fix that or stop using it until it is fixed;
- Check at least once a month that all the wires are covered in plastic or rubber;
- Take special care of the small children so that they do not touch the sockets or plugs;
- If a street electricity wire is fallen down, pass that area very carefully and avoid going near it;
- Make a complain immediately to the authorities so that it could be fixed;
The preventive measures can save lives, but in case of electric shock take the following steps;
- Immediately try to release the person from the electricity wire with the help of a dry wood, cloth, or plastic covered thing.
- The person trying to help should not touch the person with bare hands or wet cloth or wet wood. It will endanger the savior’s life as well;
- If the affected is unconscious try to revive him to consciousness;
- Cover the person with mud or sand but do not cover the mouth and nose;
- When the person revives, take him home and immediately give hot milk to drink;
- Add turmeric and some desi ghee in the hot milk;
If all this is not working then take the affected to the doctor.