Chapt 1 : Accidents; contd.
What to do if a roof or wall falls on someone
In the rural areas most houses and walls are made of mud and they are not very strong. In the rainy season walls or roof can fall down. If it happens and someone succumbs under the roof or wall then does the following immediately:
- Try to locate the person;
- Remove the debris very carefully so that you do not hurt the person;
- Pick up the person carefully and put him on a clean space or cot if available;
- Look for the obvious wounds and try to give first aid;
- If the person is unconscious try to revive him by spilling a little bit of water and rub the soles of feet and hands;
- Hopefully the person will revive within 5-10 minutes;
- If the person is conscious then immediately give him water to drink and wash his face and hands;
- Then examine the person carefully for visible wounds and ask him how he feels;
If the person is bleeding try to stop the bleeding by bandaging the wound if a bandage is not available then use a clean cloth.
If the bones are not broken but the person is complaining of pain in a certain part then give him hot milk with turmeric and sauté some turmeric in ghee or oil and spread it on cotton and after placing it on the affected place, bandage that place.Give hot milk and turmeric for three days at least.
Note: If the person is unconscious first try to revive him before doing anything, if he could not be revived do not wait and take him immediately to a doctor