Spinach with Potatoes is a very delicious, mouthwatering and popular winter dish in Pakistani households. It is eaten in all the houses. Some people also cook spinach with cheese, chicken and meat. We shared the recipe of spinach and meat before this but the recipe we are sharing now is much more easier, simple and will be liked by vegetarian friends.
Ingredients for Spinach with Potatoes
- 1 kg spinach (finely chopped and washed)
- ½ kg potatoes (peel and cut in 4 pieces)
- 2 chopped onion
- 1 cup oil or ghee
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Water ¼ liter
Method for Spinach with Potatoes
- Put spinach in the pressure cooker and add ¼ liters of water, close the lid and put the pressure on to the lid.
- When whistle starts blowing cook for 7 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker and grind the spinach in a grinder for 15 seconds;
- Put oil or ghee in another cooking pot and add chopped onions and sauté till the onions are light brown;
- Add salt, chilli and turmeric powder and keep stirring for 15 seconds,
- Add potatoes and sauté for one minute;
- Now add the ground spinach stir with a spoon two to three times;
- Lower the heat to the minimum and cook for 15 minutes so that the potatoes become soft;
- When the potatoes are soft the delicious aloo palak is ready to eat
Spinach with Potatoes is served with roti or with boiled rice.
This Spinach with Potatoes Recipe will serve 6-8 people. Cook and enjoy!
Let us know if you need any special recipe and if you like our work subscribe to our blog and get a new recipe every week. You can share our work with others, it is free!!!