Pulao is a common dish in Pakistani food. It is very popular and liked by all, young or old. It can be made with beef, mutton or chicken. Here is the recipe for chicken pulao.
1 kg chicken(
1 Kg rice
2 Normal size onions thinly sliced
1 medium tomato chopped
2 green chili finely chopped
125 grams ghee or oil
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 inch piece of Cinnamon stick
3 tea spoon salt
2 liters of water
- Wash and soak the rice in water;
- Put the chicken in a cooking pot and add one liter of water;
- Add 1 tea spoon salt and ½ teaspoon chili
- Cook for 15 minutes when the water boils;
- In a separate cooking pan pour ghee and put it on the medium flame.
- Add chopped onions and Sauté the onions in it for 5 minutes or until they are brown.
- Add the cooked chicken while separating the water from it, and sauté for two to three minutes until it changes color;
- Add garlic and ginger paste, and chopped potatoes and green chili and sauté for 2 minutes;
- Add 1 inch piece of Cinnamon stick, 6 Peppercorns. 4 cloves, 4 cardamoms, remaining salt and red chili and stir for 30 seconds,
- Now add the water remaining in the cooker and also add one more liter of water,
- Now you will need high flame so make the flame high
- When the water is boiling add rice to it and let cook for 7 minutes;
- Shut down the flame, cover the rice with a lid and leave for 15 minutes;
Delicious pulao is ready to eat!