This Rose Water Cleansing Toner not only cleanses your skin and pores; it also keeps the skin soft smooth and clear. It does not dry out the skin and leaves it feeling refreshed. The Rose Water Cleansing Toner uses simple ingredients and it lasts for a long while. Over time the use of this toner makes reduces outbreaks of acne and produces an anti-aging effect. Many online DIY toners use Witch Hazel, however this recipe does not as I have found it hard to find in Pakistan.
This Rose Water Cleansing Toner fluid has two Ingredients:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rose Water
- Lemon Juice and Rind
Why Rose Water?
Rose Water acts as a base for this Rose Water Cleansing Toner and is widely known as being wonderful for the skin:
- Rosewater has properties which help maintain the skin’s pH balance and the production of excess oil.
- It is Anti-inflammatory and reduces redness, acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rosewater acts as a wonderful cleanser which unclogs pores and removes dirt and oitl collected in them.
- This ingredient moisturizes, hydrates and revitalizes the skin.
- It has antibacterial properties that help reduce acne scars and close small wounds.
- Rosewater is an antioxidant that strengthens the skin cells and regenerates tissues.
- Rosewater is used by aroma-therapists to reduce anxiety and can help relieve stress.
- It also helps keep you looking younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The lemon brightens, lightens, and clarifies the skin:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time
- They help eliminate the over-production of oils.
- They are antibacterial and help to clear away acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Lemons have naturally exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and toxins.
- Lemons help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
This Ingredient is the more aggressive cleanser in the Rose Water Cleansing Toner:
- Alpha Hydoxy acids in apple cider vinegar remove dead skin and reveal vibrant new skin. This helps reduce age spots and dark spots.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agents are present in this ingredient.
- Gets rid of any blemishes such as acne or pimples.
- Removes oil and balances pH of the skin.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Detoxifies your skin.
How to Mix the Toner fluid?
½ Cup Rose Water
¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
Rind of One Lemon
Mix all three ingredients together and then soak the rind in them for 2 hours in the fridge. Discard the rind.
How to Use?
Use as a toner in the morning and at night, also use after taking off makeup.