This Green Tea Anti-aging Face Mask is aimed to make your skin look and feel younger, as well as to preemptively fight the formation of wrinkles, age lines and dark spots. Not only does it diminish the signs of aging it also provides essential nutrients to the skin to reduce the rate of aging.
The Green Tea Anti-aging Face Mask is easy to make. It has three ingredients.
These ingredients work together to create a super good Green Tea Anti-aging Face Mask that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Why Green Tea?
This is one of the most powerful ingredients for skin care.
- It promotes DNA repair. Green tea has a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. Which results in the fact that it acts as a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
- Green tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, because of its high content of polyphenols called catechins. These catechins in green tea get rid of irritation, redness, and swelling.
- The same polyphenols make Green tea a great antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores.
- Has large amounts of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, which promote collagen and keep skin looking young and firm. It also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
Yogurt has a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Yogurt contains lactic acid, which is an alpha hydroxyl acid and dissolves dead skin cells. This leaves skin smooth, clean and clear and lightens freckles.
- Yogurt helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Moisturizes the skin
- Fights acne and relieves sunburn
- Helps to rejuvenate and soften the skin
How to Make?
This Green Tea Anti-aging Face Mask is simple to make:
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tbsp. Green tea (powdered)
1 tbsp. Yogurt
- Add yogurt and honey together in one bowl, mix with a fork until well combined,
- Blitz the green tea leaves in a grinder.
- Mix everything together.
How to Use?
Apply a generous layer of Green Tea Anti-aging Face Mask and wait for 20 mins or let dry, whichever comes first. Then clean with warm water, following with cold water to close the pores. Use your favourite moisturizer on your skin while it is still damp, I explain more about this technique in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.