The Sheer Khurma Recipe is a popular sweet dish recipe for all seasons. The main ingredients in the Sheer Khurma Recipe are milk and Vermicelli. It is usually cooked for parties and is a specialty in our house at Eid festivals. Elders and children equally like eating it after lunch or dinner and sometimes even at breakfast. Other festival foods such as Biryani and Korma usually precede it.
Vermicelli are of many kinds some are thick and light brown others are thin and dark brown. For sheer khurma we choose thin and brown ones the thicker ones do not mix well with milk and it does not make good sheer khurma.
Ingredients for Sheer Khurma Recipe
Milk 1 Kg
Thin and brown Vermicelli 1 cup (crushed in small pieces)
Sugar 1 cup
Dried dates (Choharas) 5
Almonds 50 grams
Raisins 50 grams
Chopped coconut 50 grams
Method for Sheer Khurma Recipe
- Soak the almonds in water , peel and chop them in small pieces;
- Put a cooking pan on medium flame and add milk and dried dates and cardamom;
- When the milk is boiling cook it for five minutes ;
- Now add vermasilles, and all the dry fruit and let it cook until it is half the amount;
- Keep stirring otherwise it will burn ;
- When half of the milk is remains it will be thick like kheer,
- Now add sugar and keep stirring for five minutes;
- Now pour it in serving bowl and let it cool;
- Put it in fridge for two hours before serving as it is best when cold;
Enjoy and let us know how you liked it!