This Green Tea Acne Healing Face Mask soothes and cleanses your skin, making it smooth, clear and acne-free, after continuous use. It is a more soothing and gentle mask, than other acne masks and suitable for sensitive skin.
The Green Tea Acne Healing Face Mask is a litre tricky to make. It has three ingredients.
These ingredients work together to create a super good Green Tea Acne Healing Face Mask that is very comfortable to apply and use.
Why Green Tea?
This is one of the most powerful ingredients for skin care.
- It promotes DNA repair. Green tea has a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. Which results in the fact that it acts as a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
- Green tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, because of its high content of polyphenols called catechins. These catechins in green tea get rid of irritation, redness, and swelling.
- The same polyphenols make Green tea a great antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores.
- Has large amounts of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, which promote collagen and keep skin looking young and firm. It also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles
The lemon brightens, lightens, and clarifies the skin:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time
- They help eliminate the over-production of oils.
- They are antibacterial and help to clear away acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Lemons have naturally exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and toxins.
- Lemons help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
The Honey has properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
Sugar acts as the most abrasive exfoliating component of the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub and also has benefits for the skin:
- First, sugar is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the environment into the skin.
- Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin.
- Sugar’s small particles make an excellent topical exfoliant, and are used in a number of body scrubs to exfoliate dead surface skin cells and reveal the glowing, healthy-looking skin underneath
How to Make?
This Green Tea Acne Healing Face Mask is simple to make:
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tbsp. Green tea (powdered)
½ tsp. Fine Grain Sugar
- Add Lemon juice and honey together in one bowl, mix with a fork until well combined,
- Blitz the green tea leaves in a grinder.
- If the sugar has large granules blitz it for thirty seconds as well.
- Mix everything together.
How to Use?
Apply a generous layer of Green Tea Acne Healing Face Mask and wait for 20 mins or let dry, whichever comes first. Then clean with warm water, following with cold water to close the pores. Use your favourite moisturizer on your skin while it is still damp, I explain more about this technique in my Rose Water Hydrating Mist Post.