This Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, is a strongly yet gentle exfoliating scrub, that makes your skin soft and silky smooth. It is suitable to use on both the body and the face. It removes all dead skin, cleans out pores, extracts toxins and leaves skin looking and feeling good.
The Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub is a little finicky to make. It has three ingredients.
Fine Grain Sugar
These ingredients work together to create a super good Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub that is very comfortable to apply and use. Also please be aware that some people can have allergic reactions to turmeric, so please do a turmeric patch test beforehand. I talk more about this in my other turmeric beauty treatments.
Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil has a lot of skin benefits:
- Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis.
- It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply and thoroughly.
Coconut oil is a powerful grease cutter and easily removes and cleanses your skin of make or its residue.
- Coconut oil is a gentle, yet thorough deep cleanser. It softens the keratin caps and makes exfoliation much easier.
- Coconut oil reduces wrinkles by repairing skin collagen. The triglycerides in the oil attract protein molecules, ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer.
The lemon brightens, lightens, and clarifies the skin in the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, and aslo:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and lighten your skin when used over time
- They help eliminate the over-production of oils.
- They are antibacterial and help to clear away acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Lemons have naturally exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and toxins.
- Lemons help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
The Honey in the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub provides properties which help to purify the skin:
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic; it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
Why Epsom Salt?
Epsom Salt is a great health booster and has lots of brilliant effects for the skin.
- Epsom salt pulls out toxins and impurities from the skin which helps detoxify skin and beautify it.
- Helps to absorb and regulate excess oil. This helps with Acne inflammation, oily skin and large pores.
- It is a very mild abrasive and helps to exfoliate skin, removing dead skin cells.
- If your skin is becoming leathery or rough Epsom salt softens and smooths it out.
- Cleanses and purifies pores.
Epsom salt is rich in antioxidants that ward off free radicals that cause premature aging.
- It also helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines by exfoliating skin of flakes and dry skin that accelerates aging.
- It reduces and prevents formation of cellulite by reducing water retention and breaking up the old fat cells that accumulate and form cellulite.
Why Gram Flour?
Gram flour or chickpea flour is a great ingredient for the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, advantages of its use include:
- It contains zinc which can fight infections that cause acne.
- The fiber stabilizes blood sugar levels in the face, which can cause hormonal imbalances (one of the major causes of breakouts).
- Gram flour absorbs excess oil on skin and reduces chances of breakouts.
- It is a very mild exfoliator and helps in keeping your skin healthy from day to day.
- People use gram flour as base for tons of skin treatments and it has been a traditional face treatment for hundreds of years.
Why Turmeric Powder?
The Turmeric is also essential in the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub, as it contains the following benefits:
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components, which reduce pimples and
bring a glow to your skin.
- The curcumin found in turmeric can help wounds heal by decreasing inflammation and oxidation, this property helps with any acne already on your face.
- The antibacterial properties reduce chances of breakout and soothe any that have already occurred.
- Turmeric can prevent the formation of wrinkles and melanin.
- The healing properties help reduce acne scarring.
Sugar acts as the most abrasive exfoliating component of the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub and also has benefits for the skin:
- First, sugar is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the environment into the skin.
- Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin.
- Sugar’s small particles make an excellent topical exfoliant, and are used in a number of body scrubs to exfoliate dead surface skin cells and reveal the glowing, healthy-looking skin underneath
The Method to Make Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub
How to Make?
This Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub is simple to make.
¼ cup Coconut Oil
¼ cup Lemon Juice
2 tbsp. Lemon Zest
¼ cup Gram Flour
½ cup Epsom Salt
Sugar ¼ cup
¼ tsp. Turmeric
- Add Lemon juice and honey together in one bowl, mix with a fork until well combined,
- Mix in the Lemon zest, turmeric and the gram flour.
- When both are well incorporated, add coconut oil and mix well.
- Finally, add Epsom Salt and sugar. If the mixture seems too dry, add equal parts honey and coconut oil to dampen. Mix thoroughly to combine.
How to Use?
Use the Lemon Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub both while bathing and on your face.
Subscribe to our website for great new content every weekday!