Mutton is liked by all Pakistani people and is generally cooked in every household of Pakistan but Mughlai Mutton is not a common dish rather it is cooked on special occasions like Eid and marriage parties. Mughlai mutton is cooked with relish and is very delicious mouthwatering dish. This mutton dish is easy to cook and is served with roti or boiled rice.
It is said that Mughlai Mutton was a favorite dish of Mughal kings when they ruled the subcontinent, that is why it is called Mughlai mutton.
- ½ kg mutton
- 2 chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 100 grams cream
- 50 grams almonds (peeled and ground to a powder)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground mix spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Put meat, onions, garlic, ginger paste, salt, red chilies, and turmeric in the pressure cooker. Add half a liter of water and put it on fire. Close the lid and put the pressure on to the lid.
- When whistle starts blowing cook for 15 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker and stir with a cooking spoon. Put oil or ghee and in the cooker and keep stirring until the meat changes its color and become light brown (gosht bhoon lein). At this stage add ground mmix spice powder and almond powder.
- Lower the flame to a minimum and add cream;
- Stir thoroughly and leave it on the fire for two minutes;
- Delicious Mughlai mutton is ready to serve; Serve it hot with rice or roti.
It will be enough for 6-8 people. Cook and enjoy!
This photograph was taken from: https://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2016/07/shahi-mutton-curry-recipe-mughlai.html