Indian Squash Vegetable (Tinday ki sabzi)
It is grown in South Asia and is mostly available in summer. South Asian people like to cook it with mutton or beef. It is also cooked with chicken. But standalone it is cooked and is a very delicious and nutritious vegetable.
It contains anti-inflammatory agents known to prevent heart disease, cancer and blood pressure. Indian Squash (tinday) is a high fiber diet and improves digestion and it is also known to slow down the aging process. I personally like it when cooked without meat.
Here I will share my recipe for cooking Indian Squash (tinday) which is mouthwatering and nutritious. I generally cook it on low heat which makes it more delicious.
Here is the recipe, cook, eat and enjoy.
Indian Squash (Tinday) ½ Kg
Ghee or oil ½ cup
1 large onion (slice finely)
1 tomato (diced)
½ teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Peel the Indian Squash (tinda) and cut them in any shape you like
- Take a cooking pan and pour oil in it and put it on a medium flame
- Add onions and sauté for two to three minutes
- When onions are soft and light brown add onion and garlic paste and tomato and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add red chili powder, salt and turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds
- Lower the flame to the minimum and add Indian Squash (tinday) and stir 3 to 4 times and cover it with a lid
- Keep it on low flame for 15 minutes, Indian Squash or tinday are soft now. If there is some extra water you can dry it or eat with water
- They are delicious both ways.
- I hope you like it. If you like it share it with your contacts and also subscribe to our blog so that you could get more delicious recipes in your inbox.
Thanks and stay healthy!