If you have an issue with your natural lips having a greyish or brownish tint, this method is for you. Personally, I do not feel like putting on lipstick every time I leave the house. I prefer being mostly natural, except on special occasions. Therefore I prefer to have naturally pink lips which are soft and smooth, rather than dry and greyish. Because I prefer being natural I actually use quite a lot of my own recommendations daily, like the Aloe Vera Hair Mask.
The causes of grey or dark lips are oftentimes bad quality Lipstick, pinching and dehydration.
Some inferior, low quality and sometimes low-priced products are created with chemical materials which may be bad for the sensitive skin of lips. Overuse and longtime use of lipsticks also leaves dark tones gradually on the lips. You should always try to check the ingredients on you lipsticks and avoid the ones with too many chemicals.
- Petroleum Jelly
Why Petroleum Jelly?
Petroleum Jelly ha a lot of benefits when applied to the skin:
- Helps to prevent dryness, provides a barrier to shield the surface skin on your lips.
- Locks in moisture to support the skin’s natural dry skin healing processes.
- The jelly helps to remove built up pigments on your lips. This leaves smooth soft and pink, giving naturally pink lips.
- It gives your lips a naturally shiny and smooth look.
- Petroleum Jelly is safe, too. It contains a mixture of mineral oils, paraffin, and waxes.
- You can also wear a thin layer during the day to help protect your lips from drying out.
How to Use?
Apply a layer of petroleum Jelly to your lips before going to sleep every day. The jelly will dissolve any un-welcome pigmentation and over a few weeks’ time you will notice soft, smooth and naturally pink lips. Wipe off jelly in the morning and go about your day.