Mantanjan is a rice dessert that is colourful and fun. It is usually served at parties, weddings or special occasions. This rice dessert is a very popular dish among both children and adults. The rice dessert contains many nuts and dry fruits, as well as a lot of sugar, so it is very decadent and sumptuous. pakistanis love to eat this dessert at festivals and holidays, especially during Eid. Whenever you include this rice dessert in your menu you are guaranteed to delight.
To find more sweet delights look here.
This is our video of the recipe!
- Rice ½ Kg
- Sugar ½ Kg
- Ghee ½ cup
- Cardamom 2
- Almonds 50 ( 1/8 cups) grams
- Coconut 50 ( 1/8 cups) grams
- Raisins 50 ( 1/8 cups) grams
- Water 2 ¼ liters
- A few drops of red food colour
- A few drops of green food colour
- Clean and soak the rice in plain water for half an hour.
- Take a cooking pot, add 2 liters of water and place it on a flame.
- When the water boils add rice and stir once or twice.
- Put another pot on medium heat and add ghee, cardamom, raisins, coconut and almonds and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add ¼ liters of water and also put sugar in it.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- When the rice are cooked to ¾ part then drain the extra water.
- Now add these rice to the second pot in which we have added the sugar and other ingredients.
- Let it cook until the water dries.
- Decorate the rice with a few drops of red and green food colouring. (Warning, do not add more than 5 drops as it will result in too much colour).
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Lower the flame to minimum and leave it for seven minutes.
- Turn the flame off and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Matanjan is ready, serve hot.