If you have acne-prone, oily skin. Or have any sort of acne scars, this face mask will get rid of them for you. This mask helps soothe inflammation, heal acne scars and also removes any impurities in the skin. If used regularly it gives you smooth pimple-free skin that looks soft and airbrushed.
This mask has three Ingredients:
- Aloe Vera Gel
Turmeric has a lot of good effects when used on the skin:
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components,that not only get rid of active acne but also leave the skin smooth and glowing.
- The curcumin in turmeric heals wounds and this property heals angry red pimples and also reduces acne scarring.
- It targets your pores and calms the skin.
- Turmeric positively affects tissue and collagen as well.
For a Turmeric face wash look here.
Warning: Some people may be allergic to turmeric. If you are allergic, direct skin contact can cause irritation, redness, and swelling. Test turmeric on your forearm, applying a dime-sized amount and waiting 24 to 48 hours to see if you react before using on your face. Do not use turmeric on your skin if you are allergic to the spice in food.
Why Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera helps in several ways in this mask:
- Aloe Vera gel has two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that diminish skin inflammation.
- It acts as a moisturising element of this mask.
- The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
- The anti-fungal properties also fight any swollen pimples.
- It fights ageing as it contains several antioxidants some of which are, vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin E that enhance the skin’s natural firmness.
For Aloe Vera hair benefits look here.
- It is antibacterial so it reduces and prevents acne breakouts.
- Honey cleans out impurities from skin pores.
- Honey is naturally antiseptic, it has healing and soothing properties.
- Honey is a humectant so it moisturises, prevents wrinkles and soothes and heals dry patches.
- Honey helps in reducing acne scarring.
- It also has brightening properties.
How to Make The Mask?
¼ tsp. Organic, pure Turmeric powder
½ tbsp. Honey
½ tbsp. Aloe Vera Gel
*If you are allergic to turmeric, just leave it out.
Just mix the ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl until well combined.
How to Use?
Apply the resulting paste on your face, wait 20 minutes and wash off. Use twice a week for maximum effectiveness.