Chicken Karahi is one of those dishes served by almost every traditional restaurant. It is a special occasion food, one that is well-beloved all over Pakistan.
- 1 kg chicken
- ¼ kg tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ liter of water
- 1 table spoon Garlic paste
- 1 table spoon ginger paste
- 2 table spoons green coriander chopped
- 4 green chilies chopped
- 3 serving spoons oil
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tea spoon turmeric powder
- ½ tea spoon mix garam masala (ground)
- Wash the chicken and cut in small pieces; put a Wok (Karahi) on the high flame (use a wok made of iron – This is IMPORTANT);
- Put chicken and ½ liter of water in the Karahi and add tomatoes, ginger and onion paste, red chilies, salt, and turmeric;
- Stir 2-3 times;
- Let the water dry and check whether the chicken is soft;
- When water is about to dry add the oil and sauté well;
- When the chicken changes color lower the flame and add green coriander, chopped chilies and garam masala powder and stir for three minutes.
Delicious Chicken Karahi is ready, enjoy! If you are looking for more special occasion Pakistani food, go here.